One Sentence Summary
- Strengthsfinder 2.0 argues that we should forget about fixing our weaknesses, and go all in on our strengths instead, by showing you ways to figure out which 5 key strengths are an innate part of you and giving you advice on how to use them in your life and work.
“You cannot be anything you want to be – but you can be a whole lot more of who you already are.”
“From the cradle to the cubicle, we devote more time to our shortcomings than to our strengths.”
“the key to human development is building on who you already are”
“Every human being has talents that are just waiting to be uncovered.”
- Each person´s greatest potential for growth is in the area of his or her greatest strength.
- Each person´s talents are enduring and unique.
- As an organization or as an individual we can reach our maximum potential only by using our individual strengths and enjoy what we are doing because we are using our true talents.
- Match our strengths to our roles at work, home and in the community.
- Tom Rath (born 1975) is an American consultant on employee engagement, strengths and well—being and an author. He is best known for his studies on strengths-based leadership and wellbeing and synthesizing research findings in a series of bestselling books.